TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Updated 12 January 2020
Lettering by the Sea
Any order from a customer for Lettering by the Sea is deemed to constitute acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
- Lettering by the Sea acknowledge orders on the understanding that delivery is subject to availability. Should an item not be available, the customer will be informed and an alternative offered.
- Refunds and exchanges will only be made if the goods are faulty or do not meet the specifications of your order. This does not affect your statutory rights. We understand that circumstances may mean you are unable to attend a workshop you have paid for. Every effort will be made to move you to another date but if this is not possible a credit will be given. A no-show will not be offered an alternative date, credit or refund. In the unusual event that your tutor cancels a workshop for any reason then a credit, refund or alternative dates will be offered. Credits are valid for one year only from date of issue.
- Any dates quoted for delivery of orders are approximate only and Lettering by the Sea shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the orders however caused. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence unless previously agreed by Lettering by the Sea in writing.
- If Lettering by the Sea fails to deliver the order for any reasons other than any cause beyond Lettering by the Sea reasonable control or the Customer’s fault and Lettering by the Sea is liable to the Customer, Lettering by the Sea liability shall be limited to the invoice price of the goods.
- The Customer shall upon delivery, examine the goods and shall promptly (but in any event within14 working days of delivery) notify Lettering by the Sea of any apparent damage, defect or shortage. In default of such written notification, Lettering by the Sea shall be deemed conclusively to have properly performed its obligations in relation to the purchase and sale of the goods. All illustrations, designs and general descriptions contained on the Lettering by the Sea website or otherwise provided to the customer are intended for general guidance only and shall not be binding on Lettering by the Sea and are only approximate indications of the type, size or colour of goods and are intended to represent a general idea of the goods described therein and the sales of such goods shall not be reference thereto. The customer shall take the goods at his own risk as to their corresponding with such examples or as to their quality, condition or sufficiency for any purpose.
- In the event of a claim, settlement will be limited to the value of the goods defectively produced and will in no way extend to consequential loss, howsoever caused.
- Risk of damage to or loss of the goods shall pass to the customer at the time of delivery or, if the customer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the goods at the time when Lettering by the Sea had tendered delivery of the goods.
- Lettering by the Sea shall not be liable to the customer or be deemed in breach of the agreement by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform any of Lettering by the Sea obligations in relation to the goods, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond Lettering by the Sea reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing the following shall be regarded as causes beyond Lettering by the Sea reasonable control:
- Act of God, explosion, flood tempest, fire or accident
- War or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition.
- Acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of governmental, parliamentary or local authority
- Import or export regulations or embargoes
- Strikes, lock-outs or any other industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving employees of Lettering by the Sea or of a third party)
- Difficulties in obtaining raw materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery.
- Power failure or breakdown in machinery.
- Any dispute, claims or proceedings of whatever nature between Lettering by the Sea and the Customer in connection with or arising out of the validity, construction or performance of this agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of The High Court of England and Wales, to which both parties irrevocably submit.
- The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by English Law.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
© Lettering by the Sea. All Rights Reserved